HOT HOT TOPICS ------------------------------
- Game of Thrones’ Author’s Take on Story Ideas
- Creativity–Pure Imagination
- Creativity – Have You Met Your Muse?
- Creativity – When Creative Confidence Crashes
- The Future of Publishing – Crystal Ball Gazing Anyone?
- Story Ideas – A New Character & Story Resource
- Story Ideas: Outside Your Window
- Writing Mastery – Put in the Time
- Time for Writing — Are You Waiting for the Gift of Time?
- Publishing: Past, Present, Future
Author Archives: Deb
George R. R. Martin, author of the novel series ‘Game of Thrones,’ and an ongoing TV series on HBO, has this to say about story ideas: Ideas are cheap. I have more ideas now than I could ever write up. To … Continue reading
Have you ever heard song lyrics that you’ve known for decades, but suddenly you really hear them for the first time?
Musings on Muses Eve Goodnight (you’ve got to love her name!) has an interesting take on creativity as she asks, What are muses, anyway? The origin of the Muses is a little fuzzy…. The Greeks believed that an artist was merely a skilled … Continue reading
Back in the late 1990’s after a period of prolific writing as I honed my craft, and just before I might have burst into traditional publishing, I crashed and burned emotionally with a major bout of clinical depression. I stopped writing entirely, … Continue reading
Today I’m revisiting an article I wrote a few years ago (Publishing in 2011 and Beyond). I’m giving it a major face-lift, firstly because the year 2011 is part of the original title. [Note to self. To create “evergreen” articles, don’t include … Continue reading